Sunday, January 25, 2009

830 days later...a night away.

Florida was wonderful, for many reasons:
1. Time was spent with a best friend.
3. Eating fresh seafood, everyday.
4. Accomplishing what I thought was impossible...sleeping in until 9:30.
5. Amy got us massages...and I got to stay in my vegetative state with no worries about what was next.
6. My biggest worry was whether I would spend time on the beach or where I would eat next. Which brings up my next point...
7. I did not have to share anything....
8. Bubble baths (long ones).
9. I even misplaced my phone (yes for the 427th time) which was a blessing b/c it meant no one could reach me:).
I was trying to remember the last vacation I went on and I would have to say it was 5 years ago when Roger and I flew to the East Coast and camped along the little coastal towns. This was a very good reminder of how important it is to make time, to get away.

It was warm.
And sunny.

Slow paced

and quiet.

And absolutely filled my need to "be still".




2 comments:

Jamie said...

looks like such a wonderful weekend...so glad you were able to get away...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh .... that looked like a perfect weekend. Where in Florida? The beach looked beautiful. I am wondering... what was 2nd on your list?