Sunday, October 10, 2010

We did it!

(yes, i forgot the boys shoes! don't judge me;)

So...there have been three huge life changing moments for me. Those moments where nothing in life will ever be the same. When I said, 'yes' to Roger asking me to marry him, those little lines that told me we were going to have our first child, and by far the biggest (little did I know how big!) that ultra sound that told me I was having twins! Huge, amazing, challenging, life changing blessings.


Physically and emotionally I believe this has been the toughest year of my life...and hands down the most joyful. Not living near family and not having taken the time to make many friends since we had lived here I thought I personally would not survive those initial months. Those nights were filled with sleep deprivation... like thinking snakes were in the bed, thinking babies were pillows, and being panicked that one of the two babies was missing. Pure, utter, psychotic delusion. And really those nights turned into days. But that's another blog:0!

But we did it...and I feel pretty good saying we did a really great job! From those early mornings of strolling through Kohl's and all the sweet women who encouraged me just by smiling and telling me I was amazing for just getting out of the house. To Anita at MOPS for making room for 3 kids and one really emotional mom who pretty much cried...mostly happy tears...every Wednesday for the first few months. For a minivan that is readily available to me when I need to load the crew up, go get a Starbucks and go on a mini road trip just to contain anyone from hurting themselves or me! For that sweet man that works at Target who never lets a visit go by w/o telling me my babies are beautiful, to helping me get a cart, and opening doors for the 4 of us. To the women at the Moms of Multiples group who let me come in after 6weeks and patiently waited for me to introduce myself through my tears and snot...and then offered phone numbers, help, and tears of their own. (that was a huuuge turning point) To parents who came and cleaned, cooked, and helped with kids and constantly told us we were doing an amazing job. To Roger who without hesitation lets me get drinks with the girls, escape to sew, and gives me the precious moments of ALONE TIME. To Lindy who got me the perfect part time job to add a little balance to life. TNC for keeping us in Arkansas. Lane for helping find a house we can afford and fit in. To Roger again for not judging me (in the early days) for not showering before noon and brushing my teeth until dinner. To my children who laugh at me and laugh at each other and above all to a God who chose Roger and I to be the parents of these three amazing children just blows my mind away and who orchestrated all these amazing people to help lighten the load. An adventure that has made my world so much bigger, sweeter, valuable, and fun! Well, I guess this ended up being a shout out to my peeps:)?!


Its amazing how life can change you for the better...if you let it.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great post Jen....I've missed you on here:)

Alexandra Julianne said...

Loved the post, glad you are back, I check every week....