Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Day of School




I put Isabelle in the care of Rockefeller Early Childhood program a year 1/2 ago. It was a blessing that we were finally off the 2.5 year waiting list (we got on before she was born) but I worried and worried about her for many days those first months. I would run out of school to get her as early as possible...as if the 30 second jog would make a bit of difference in her day.

She loved her school and her little friends. They were only together two years but the sweet friendships even at 3 can be very caring and strong. This year especially was great. She was absolutely in love with her teacher. Loves pretending to be her, mimicking her, and telling me crazy often exaggerated stories of the things that she does (all good of course)! Even though I have enjoyed being a teacher and loving the children love on me, I never fully realized how wonderful that relationship actually is and what relief it can bring to all the mommies.

So with great thanks to an amazing school with incredible teachers and an outstanding curriculum we say good-bye for the new chapter in our lives. Although we will miss everyone I am thankful to be home at last with my sweet girl before she hits Kindergaten!

0 comments: